Naftali Kinuthia denies killing Ivy Wangechi

After being accused with murder, Naftali Kinuthia denies killing Ivy Wangechi. He denied the charges and asked to be released on bail but the plea was rejected.

SEE ALSO: KDF Officer Commits Suicide After Killing 3 Relatives

Bail ruling was scheduled for May 9 and the hearing is expected to commence on June 10. The main suspect in the murder of Moi University Sixth Year medical Student, Ivy Wangechi, has denied charges before Eldoret High Court. Naftali Kinuthia, 29, arrived at the court premises on Tuesday, April 30, under tight security clad in black sneakers, blue jeans and a grey hood.

SEE ALSO: Sonko Brings US Doctors to Perform Free Surgeries

Appearing before Justice Stephen Githinji, Kinuthia who was represented by his lawyer, Mbiyu Kamau, asked to be released on bail, but, the request was opposed by the prosecution led by Rosemary Karanja.

 “We object the application to have the accused released on bail. Motor vehicle is part of the exhibit since it had crucial exhibits which were found in the vehicle which is currently at the Cyber Crime unit at the Eldoret East CID,” argued Karanja, a plea that was accepted by Justice Githinji.

SEE ALSO: Why Man Killed Pregnant Newly-wed Wife

The deceased’s family lawyer, Caroline Nyakinywa, had asked the court to have the case transferred to Nairobi, which is near the homes of Wangechi and the suspect. The appeal was rejected by Githinji who scheduled the bail application ruling on May 9 and the hearing to commence on June 10.

SEE ALSO: Wealthy People Do this to Keep Getting Richer

Kinuthia was locked up on April 15 for 14 days after senior assistant Director of Public Prosecution Fredah Mwanza requested the court to allow police more time to complete investigations. Earlier reports had it that the suspect had told the police his actions were motivated by the fact that he had spent a lot of money on the deceased in exchange for love but Wangechi kept turning him down.

SEE ALSO: 4 Arrested For Stealing DP Ruto’s Eggs

Post mortem report indicated the deceased succumbed to excessive bleeding out of deep cuts on the head and neck after she was attacked by the suspect. Wangechi was buried on Thursday, April 18, at her home in Mahiga village, Nyeri County.

SEE ALSO: Growth Can Destroy Your Business If You Aren’t Prepared for it

Related posts